What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord insurance is cover designed specifically to protect landlords, and their properties, from the risks associated with renting. Landlord insurance policies usually include buildings and contents cover with additional landlord-specific protection. A landlord insurance policy is commonly required by mortgage lenders when renting your property.


Read our responses to 7 frequently asked questions about landlord insurance on our blog

Clan Gordon Block Insurance Policy

We have an established relationship with Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers, who have set up a block insurance policy for the benefit of our clients. The policy, provided by NIG, is specifically designed for residential lettings properties and can include building and/ or contents cover.

Please note: our block insurance policy is only available to landlords opting for our fully managed service.

Key cover and policy benefits include:

  • We are authorised to assist with insurance claims on your behalf.
  • Preferential rates combined with comprehensive cover.
  • Accidental Damage cover included as standard.
  • Malicious Damage & Theft by Tenants cover included as standard.
  • Up to 90 days full cover when the property becomes unoccupied.
  • Trace & Access cover for locating the source of a leak.
  • Legal expenses in respect of property disputes.

To ensure your property is adequately insured, request that cover for student tenants is included in your quote, even if your property is not specifically for students. Excluding students from your policy will limit your ability to rent to mature and paid research students, who can make excellent tenants. It is important to advise us if your insurance policy does not include cover for students.


Contact Nicole Ferguson at Bruce Stevenson directly on 0131 561 2417 or Nicole.Ferguson@brucestevenson.co.uk or complete the form below to receive a no obligation landlord insurance quote.

Request a Quote
Block Insurance Case Study: Somerset Place