Finding a rental property that meets your budget and specifications can be stressful and time-consuming for tenants. The Edinburgh rental market is fast-paced and good quality properties in the most desirable locations rent quickly. Our professional, experienced team are here to help you find your new home, providing support at every stage of the process to ensure your move is as easy and straightforward as possible.
We update our available property listings daily, keep an eye on our current list so you don’t miss out. Alternatively, if you can’t find what you are looking for, phone our office on 0131 555 4444 to let us know what your requirements are; our team will advise on any suitable properties that will be coming to the market shortly.
All new tenancies, beginning after 1st December 2017, are Private Residential Tenancies (PRTs). Find out more about PRTs, and what it means for you as a tenant, here.
At Clan Gordon, our aim is to always provide high-quality homes for Edinburgh tenants. We only work with landlords who are willing to meet our high standards. All of our properties exceed the basic Repairing Standard and have rigorous gas, electric and fire safety checks carried out, so you can relax knowing that your new home is safe and fit for purpose.
Our most recent Tenant Satisfaction Survey (2019) found that 97% of tenants trust Clan Gordon with the management of their property and 93% would recommend us to a friend.
If you would like to view one of our properties, you will be allocated an individual viewing slot with our Lettings Negotiator. This gives you the opportunity to look around the property, and ask any questions you have, without pressure from other applicants. To book a viewing you can:
- Click ‘Arrange a Viewing’ on the property details page. Simply fill in your details and a member of our team will be in touch to arrange a convenient date and time.
- Or phone our office on 0131 555 4444, our office is open 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Before booking your viewing, we will ask some basic questions to ensure that you are in a position to rent the property – we don’t want to waste your time!
Find a full list of our available properties here. Please note that the property must be viewed by the applicant (or a nominated representative) before we can accept an offer of tenancy. See below for our tenancy criteria.
To become a tenant, you will be required to meet the below criteria. We understand that every tenant and situation is unique, so please get in touch if you are unsure if you meet the criteria or if you would like more information.
- Tenants must have a combined annual salary of 30 x the monthly rent. For example, if the rent is £1,000pcm, you must have a combined salary of £30,000 per year. If you do not meet the affordability, or if you are starting a new job, in a probationary period or have a casual contract, you may need a UK based guarantor.
- If you are self-employed, you will be required to provide 3 years’ worth of accounts, or a letter from your accountant to confirm your income.
- If you are a student, you must be second year or above and have a UK based guarantor.
- If you are a non-UK resident, you are required to provide proof of your right to work in the UK (passport/ VISA/ job contract). You may also be required to pay a proportion of the rent upfront.
We don’t operate on a first come first served basis; all applications are put forward to the landlord. Most properties attract several applications from prospective tenants, so it is important to provide as much information as possible to ensure you stand out. Please include full details of everyone who would be living in the property, including children.
To apply for a property, you must complete the online form, which is on a hidden page on our website. The Lettings Negotiator will give you full details of how to apply at the viewing.
When your application has been approved by the landlord, we require a part deposit payment before beginning referencing checks.
All adult tenants are reference checked before moving into a property. The reference checks are carried out by a third-party company; each tenant and guarantor is sent a link to complete online. Referencing checks assess the following:
- Credit check
- Bank validation check
- Financial sanctions check
- Current landlord reference
- Employment check
- Affordability calculation
Read our tenant guide to referencing.
All of our tenancies are set up as Private Residential Tenancies.
We'll send a copy of all documents by email for tenants to review and sign electronically.