We have an excellent range of quality properties to suit most budgets, from one bed flats all over the City up to 5 bed HMO property for students in the ever popular Marchmont area. Our staff are well trained to help you look for a property and we have systems in place to keep you updated when new properties are advertised. Our team are also well placed to look after you when you move in, from checking you in to your new home, dealing with any maintenance issues throughout, to providing you with references at the end of your tenancy and advising of our check-out procedures. We want our tenants to be happy and we will do everything we can throughout your time with us to ensure that happens.
- We only manage property which meets the most stringent Repairing Standard
- All our properties have rigorous safety checks carried out on gas, electric and fire safety
- When surveyed in 2014 all our tenants said they were satisfied with our service
- When we surveyed them again in 2015 all our tenants said our staff are friendly and helpful
- Contact us by clicking on "Arrange a Viewing" within the property details page
- Or call us on 0131 555 4444
- All our properties must be viewed by the tenant or a nominated representative before we would arrange a tenancy
- Full time employed: combined annual salary must be 30 times the monthly rent - if you are just starting a new job or in a probationary period or on a casual contract, you may need to have a UK based guarantor
- Self employed: we will need to see 3 years worth of accounts or a letter from your accountant confirming income
- Students: must be going into a second year of study and must be able to provide a UK based guarantor for each student
- Non UK residents arriving in UK to work – we will require to see proof of your right to work in the UK (passport, visa (if non-EU), offer letter/job contract) – additionally we may require rent up front for the period of the lease
We don't work on a first come, first served basis and will take applications to discuss with our client - the landlord.
We need the following information in your application:
- Names of each tenant
- Employment status of each tenant
- Whether any tenants are smokers
- Whether any tenants owns a pet
- Lease start date
- Lease length
- Confirm you are happy taking the property as it is
Once our client has approved an applicant we then make a £200 payment towards deposit (per tenant if a student let) and start the reference checking process.
We use a third party company to carry out our reference checks and will send each tenant and guarantor a link to their form which will assess the following:
- Employer/income reference
- Risk profile (credit scoring)
- Linked address, identity & fraud information
- Voters roll information
- Public information such as bankruptcy
- Previous landlord reference
We will also need a copy of proof of ID and address for each tenant and guarantor. Other proofs or information may be required depending on tenant status.
All of our tenancies are set up as Private Residential Tenancies.
We'll send a copy of all documents by email for tenants to review and sign electronically.